Thursday, July 5, 2007

Growth of Anticipation


I started a painting for a little site called illustration friday. You can check it out here. The painting is going to be the first in a long line and it's of a moment in the story Sleeping Beauty. I have a plan for a series of paintings based on fables, legends, and myths. Pretty simply I am calling it
100 Fables, Myths, and Legends. Heres the first sketch...

Here are two recent sketches i have done.

I've been trying to use less lines in my sketches and get sketches that are easier to read. Mind you all i have been using are pens but i guess its back to pencils for a time. Kind of just enjoy sketching in pen, it's like painting in watercolor, you have to know exaclty what you want to do and work with what you have and pull it to your advantage.

No comments: