Thursday, January 24, 2008

There will be no right or wrong

Listening to canadian music soothes me it seems. That and reading Madman. Just kinda gives me a bright outlook on life and gets me thinking positive. A long while ago i wanted to talk about artists and people who influence me. Always trying to get better is what we're always going for some of these people and artwork just inspire and influence me.
Alright first up is Mike Allred comic give me a great feeling and make me believe in people, and it's a good thing that i have such great people around me. Will Eisner with his creation of the spirit just get me in the mood for retro and silly ideas that work great. James Jean's work is a huge inspiration because he has such a beautiful distinct style that pulls you in and the compositions make you look at every aspect of the piece. A lot of writers influence and inspire just because of the relationships that they write about and how they work authors such as Cory Doctorow and Irvine Welsh are great sources for this.
Obviously there are many more visual, audio, and thoughtful influences on me but that list is so long and I'm gonna litter them among these posts because if i try to feed it in here it may sound monotonous.

New Art from moi.
A "Magnus the Robot Fighter" piece

And The Skull Cave from the Phantom
Enjoy,
Mar

No comments: