Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Figure Out How It Works

So with all of the freetime i kind of get in school with my extended breaks between classes i find
that i can sketch bigger and with watercolor. Prettier even? Also my teacher had lent me a comic called "Modesty Blaise", so now I have to check it out and read more of those comics and books. Its like a female version of James Bond with out the gadgets and all bad ass and sexy. Also, I was told by my teacher that the artist(Jim Holdaway) for the comic strip never did pencils for them he just went in with a nib and began drawing. Every strip was as strong as the last. So it was a method that really worked for the artist. I'm going to be trying that more again and the sketches I'm putting have no pencils to begin with i just went in with ink, nib, and a brush. I think they came out pretty strong. So looking back at these, I had a lot of fun doing them. So i think I'm going to approach some bigger pieces this way. Christmas time is coming and all of the holiday shopping is over. Woohoo.
After that I want to show you something, I had become obsessed with this ridiculous movie over night and I want to share it with you. The name of the movie is MACHINE GIRL and believe you me. All one needs to make a good movie is a girl+ machine gun/chainsaw arm. You have to love it if you don't you might not have a soul and you should check into that.

Seriously, Check Into It,
Mar

No comments: